Glen Crest Jazz Band to take talents on the road
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Glen Crest Middle School Jazz Band, under the direction of Lev Garbar, have two performances planned for the end of January.
The musicians will appear in the Glenbard South Winter Jazz Concert at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22. Glenbard South is at 23W200 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn.
The three selections the middle school jazz band will play are "If I Only Had a Brain," "Ballad for a Blue Horn" and "The Blues at Frog Bottom."
On Saturday, Jan. 25, the Glen Crest Jazz Band travels to Arlington Heights to participate in the 17th annual Jazz Jamboree. The musicians will perform at 3 p.m., and will receive a 30-minute clinic from a well-known educator from the Chicago area immediately following the performance.
The three musical selections they played at Glenbard South will be repeated for the Jazz Jamboree.
For information about the performances, call the Glen Crest office at 630-469-5220. Visit http://www.ccsd89.org.
More Bands News
- Commander Cody's Bill Kirchen to play FitzGerald's in Berwyn
- Planit 5: Cook County events: Aug. 1 to 10
- Mystery Diner: Pinstripes scores with 'sophisticated fun' in Oak Brook
- Legendary Holmes Brothers to celebrate CD with free lakeside concert at COD
- Wheaton Brew Fest to blend craft beer, music, food and good cause