Glen Crest Jazz Band to take talents on the road
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Glen Crest Middle School Jazz Band, under the direction of Lev Garbar, have two performances planned for the end of January.
The musicians will appear in the Glenbard South Winter Jazz Concert at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22. Glenbard South is at 23W200 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn.
The three selections the middle school jazz band will play are "If I Only Had a Brain," "Ballad for a Blue Horn" and "The Blues at Frog Bottom."
On Saturday, Jan. 25, the Glen Crest Jazz Band travels to Arlington Heights to participate in the 17th annual Jazz Jamboree. The musicians will perform at 3 p.m., and will receive a 30-minute clinic from a well-known educator from the Chicago area immediately following the performance.
The three musical selections they played at Glenbard South will be repeated for the Jazz Jamboree.
For information about the performances, call the Glen Crest office at 630-469-5220. Visit http://www.ccsd89.org.
More Bands News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, March 1 to 7
- Check out select events in Planit 5 from Willowbrook, Clarendon Hills, Hinsdale, Oak Brook, Lombard
- FitzGerald's Mardi Gras parties near in Berwyn
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Feb. 20 to March 31