'Napoleon Dynamite' star Jon Heder to appear at Hollywood cinemas
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Jon Heder, star of "Napoleon Dynamite" and "Blades of Glory," will be on hand for fans the weekend of Jan. 17 to 19 in Woodridge and Naperville.
He'll be at Hollywood Blvd Cinema in Woodridge to host screenings of "Napoleon Dynamite" at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. Friday, Jan. 17, and at 3, 5 and 7 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19. At Hollywood Palms Cinema in Naperville, the screenings begin at 3, 5, 7 and 9 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18.
While attending college, Heder befriended fellow student Jared Hess and was asked to star in Hess' short film, later expanded into the feature-length “Napoleon Dynamite” and screened at the Sundance Film Festival.
For his appearance, Heder was paid just $1,000. “Napoleon Dynamite” earned $44.5 million at the box office, more revenue than almost any other Sundance movie, even as its cult status and audience continues to grow.
In June 2005, Heder received the MTV Movie Award for Best Musical Performance and Breakthrough Male Performance for the role. He hosted “Saturday Night Live” in 2008.
Heder starred in “The Sasquatch Gang” and the romantic comedy “Just Like Heaven” before appearing with Rob Schneider and David Spade in producer Adam Sandler's “The Benchwarmers”, a comedy about three grown men making up for lost chances by creating their own Little League baseball team.
He was the voice of the character Skull in the animated, Oscar-nominated film “Monster House”, then starred in the comedy “School for Scoundrels” with Billy Bob Thornton.
He co-starred with Will Ferrell in the comedy hit “Blades of Glory.” Like many of his films, “Blades of Glory” is an absurdist comedy – this one about male figure skaters who must team up in a pairs competition.
Heder's second turn at voice acting came when he voiced the character of Chicken Joe, a surfing chicken, in the animated film “Surf's Up.” Heder's performance in “When in Rome” was praised by New York Times critic A. O. Scott: "Jon Heder as a goofy street magician is the funniest of the bunch."
The Naperville venue is at 352 S. Route 59. The Woodridge location is 1001 W. 75th St. For tickets and information, visit www.atriptothemovies.com.
More Family Fun News
- Movie experiment to debut in Woodridge
- Chef Shangri-La to stage Fong Music Fest in North Riverside with Elvis and eight bands
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Sept. 12 to 21
- 'Harvest Hoedown' promises down-home fun in Naperville
- Car show, swap meet en route to Glendale Heights
- Oak Brook resort was to play home to charity bags tournament
- Students bands to play Pet-A-Palooza in Hinsdale Humane Society benefit
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Sept. 6 to 9
- Planit 5: Cook County events: Sept. 4 to Nov. 21
- Wheaton juror shapes Fine Line collage art exhibit; Randy Sabien concert set