Jake Dewar of Downers Grove to add his comedy to sketch fest
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Billed as comedian-tragedian, Jake Dewar of Downers Grove will be among a thousand artists performing in the nation’s largest sketch comedy festival continuing until Jan. 19 in Chicago. He will star at 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19.
Dewar channels the spirit of a little boy who creates worlds in his bedroom and never leaves home … within the body of a 6-foot-1 twenty-something. His smart-but-silly characters are called as wide-ranging as the musical styles he pays homage to with his guitar chops and vocals.
Dewar is returning to The Chicago Sketch Comedy Festival with his first solo show. He's titled it "Jake Dewar, Comedian-Tragedian: One Misdirection!"
The festival is set at Stage 773, 1225 W. Belmont Ave., Chicago. Shows are planned Thursdays to Sundays, with tickets priced at $14 and $15. For more information, contact www.Stage773.com, 773-327-5252 and www.chicagosketchfest.com/2014-schedule. For more on the comedian, go to JakeDewarComedy.com.
More Theater News
- Grove Players to bring 'Cabaret' to Downers Grove stage
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events, April 18 to May 4
- Planit 5: Cook County events, April 18 to May 10
- ‘Picnic’ to open at Theatre of Western Springs
- CRITIC’S CHOICE: Superb ‘Les Miz’ scales the heights at Drury Lane