Jake Dewar of Downers Grove to add his comedy to sketch fest
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Billed as comedian-tragedian, Jake Dewar of Downers Grove will be among a thousand artists performing in the nation’s largest sketch comedy festival continuing until Jan. 19 in Chicago. He will star at 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19.
Dewar channels the spirit of a little boy who creates worlds in his bedroom and never leaves home … within the body of a 6-foot-1 twenty-something. His smart-but-silly characters are called as wide-ranging as the musical styles he pays homage to with his guitar chops and vocals.
Dewar is returning to The Chicago Sketch Comedy Festival with his first solo show. He's titled it "Jake Dewar, Comedian-Tragedian: One Misdirection!"
The festival is set at Stage 773, 1225 W. Belmont Ave., Chicago. Shows are planned Thursdays to Sundays, with tickets priced at $14 and $15. For more information, contact www.Stage773.com, 773-327-5252 and www.chicagosketchfest.com/2014-schedule. For more on the comedian, go to JakeDewarComedy.com.
More Theater News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: Cook County events, March 7 to 16
- High school youth from Bartlett, Wayne, West Chicago to appear in 'Oklahoma!' in South Elgin
- Planit 5: Cook County events, Feb. 27 to March 22
- Check out select events in Planit 5 from Willowbrook, Clarendon Hills, Hinsdale, Oak Brook, Lombard