Prospective volunteers invited to DuPage Forest Preserve events
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County presents a “Step Up and Volunteer!” open house from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Jan. 11, and an in-depth, question-and-answer session from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 4.
The open house will highlight diverse opportunities in a one-hour presentation at 10 a.m., with volunteers and staff on hand. Both programs take place at headquarters at Danada Forest Preserve, 3S580 Naperville Road, Wheaton.
District volunteers teach school groups and families about nature, bring history to life, and care for animals. They restore critical habitats, maintain public areas, and help visitors explore forest preserve trails and discover new outdoor activities.
Adults, junior volunteers and families can choose from a variety of weekly, monthly and one-time opportunities; and Scout groups, church groups, corporations and community organizations can work on special projects that bring members together through shared accomplishments.
For details, call Volunteer Services at 630-933-7681. Visit www.dupageforest.org/Volunteer.aspx.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Tower Chorale invites new voices to sing Beatles hits at Western Springs rehearsals
- Bloomingdale artists group offers silk painting class with Rhonda Popko
- Wildlife to inspire drawing class for kids at Mayslake in Oak Brook
- Trinity Irish Dancers to perform from Hinsdale to Addison and beyond