Dive into 'Downton Abbey' experience in Downers Grove
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
In tandem with the season premiere of "Downton Abbey" on PBS this month, the Downers Grove Park District Museum, Downers Grove Historical Society and Downers Grove Public Library have teamed up to create programs in celebration of the returning television hit.
'Dining á la Downton'
Take a trip back in time and register for "Dining á la Downton" at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 16, in the Recreation Center, 4500 Belmont Road. A trained head cook and an English butler are portrayed, transporting you to an early 20th century estate. Discover the ups and downs of their careers as you taste an authentic Edwardian dessert.
Learn about the landscape designers, land ownership patterns, and inheritance laws at "Setting the Scene: Making of Downton Abbey" at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28, in the Recreation Center. Discover how they produced great estates such as Downton, and why radical changes were inevitable.
Registration is available at www.dglibrary.org/calendar.html. For more information, call 630-963-1300 or visit dgparks.org.
More Family Fun News
- Labriola Café pastry chefs to assist at haunted house decorating
- Dog park permits to go on sale for Will County forest preserves
- Bowls for Hunger benefit set at Congregation Etz Chaim in Lombard
- Cantigny 5K to support homeless veterans
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Oct. 23 to 31