Band box workshop to capture bygone art in Glen Ellyn
By Suburban Life Media
An invitation to learn how to make a period paper box and reproduction wallpapers is offered by the Glen Ellyn Historical Society from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 11. Reservations are requested by Jan. 4.
Although band boxes were most popular for hats, smaller boxes could be used to hold a variety of items. Nanci Gaisel of the Northwest Territory Alliance will teach how to make boxes of cardboard and
The workshop takes place in the Glen Ellyn History Center, 800 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn.
One may RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Yordana Sawyer at 608-347-9615 and register for a hat box (tricorn or bonnet) for $50, or a smaller box for $30. Seating is limited, with early registration suggested. Fees must be paid by Jan. 4, and one should bring scissors, thimble and lunch.
"If you are making a hat box, bring the actual hat so the box can be sized properly," note organizers, adding that all other materials are included.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Tom’s Cookbook Library: Mom’s apple pie a memory-jogger
- LEGO homage to DuPage County Historical Museum on display in Wheaton
- Bolingbrook theater plots auditions for 'Accomplice' comedy thriller
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events, Aug. 29 to Sept. 6
- Men sought to join ranks of Chorus of DuPage