Band box workshop to capture bygone art in Glen Ellyn
By Suburban Life Media
An invitation to learn how to make a period paper box and reproduction wallpapers is offered by the Glen Ellyn Historical Society from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 11. Reservations are requested by Jan. 4.
Although band boxes were most popular for hats, smaller boxes could be used to hold a variety of items. Nanci Gaisel of the Northwest Territory Alliance will teach how to make boxes of cardboard and
The workshop takes place in the Glen Ellyn History Center, 800 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn.
One may RSVP to email@example.com or call Yordana Sawyer at 608-347-9615 and register for a hat box (tricorn or bonnet) for $50, or a smaller box for $30. Seating is limited, with early registration suggested. Fees must be paid by Jan. 4, and one should bring scissors, thimble and lunch.
"If you are making a hat box, bring the actual hat so the box can be sized properly," note organizers, adding that all other materials are included.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- Glen Ellyn Library offers playful 'Swinging Thru the Stacks' benefit
- TOTH sets auditions for world premiere in Bolingbrook
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Kennedy Summers to launch new game at Sanctuary sports bar in Brookfield
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Jan. 22 to Feb. 28
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Jan. 21 to April 5
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Oak Brook Hills Resort books helicopter rides for high-flying valentine's package
- Backstage tour of Lyric Opera to depart from La Grange Park