Weather postpones today's EYSO faculty recital
By Suburban Life Media
The Elgin Youth Symphony Orchestra's faculty recital was scheduled to be presented as a gift to the community at 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 5, but the snowstorm has cancelled the day's activities. The recital will be rescheduled.
Now in its third year, the recital offers one hour of musical selections by the orchestra's accomplished faculty members.
"This is a rare opportunity to hear local world-class musicians play together," said organizers.
The orchestra serves students from across the suburbs, and all proceeds from a free-will offering will benefit the EYSO scholarship fund. The concert is presented in Spartan Auditorium on the Elgin Community College campus, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin.
Although admission is free, tickets are required by contacting tickets.elgin.edu or 847-622-0300.
For the third time in its 38-year history, the EYSO faculty and Chamber Music Institute coaches will take to the stage to perform together.
• Randal Swiggum (Piano), Artistic Director and Youth Symphony Conductor
• David Anderson (Piano), Philharmonia Conductor
• Jason Flaks (Trumpet), Sinfonia and Brass Choir Conductor
• Andrew Masters (Violin and Trumpet), Prelude Orchestra Conductor
• Daryl Silberman (Violin and Viola), Primo Orchestra Conductor
• Jacqueline Fisher (Violin), Chamber Music Institute Director
• Greg Beyer (Percussion), Chamber Music Institute Coach
• Timothy Archbold (Cello), Hanson String Quartet Coach
• Danny Seidenberg (Viola), Chamber Music Institute Coach
To learn more about the conductors who will perform and the EYSO's current season of performances, visit www.eyso.org.
More Concerts News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Sept. 18 to Oct. 25
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Sept. 19 to Oct. 12
- Soul singer Jesse Dee to star at FitzGerald's in Berwyn
- Reunion announced for Lyons Township 1970s graduates
- Peter Lipari to conduct West Suburban Symphony in Westmont
- Live at the Zoo promises 'wild' time at Cosley Zoo in Wheaton
- Beethoven to power season launch by Elgin Symphony Orchestra
- Chef Shangri-La to stage Fong Music Fest in North Riverside with Elvis and eight bands
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Sept. 12 to 21