'Illumination' adds ephemeral beauty at Morton Arboretum
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
"Illumination: Tree Lights" transforms The Morton Arboretum with a one-of-a-kind artistic event, said Anamari Dorgan, director of education. While the Arboretum normally is not open after dark, this holiday season's visitors will find numerous special effects along a mile-long, walking trail.
The event is open most days from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. through Jan. 4 at The Morton Arboretum, 4100 Route 53, Lisle.
Visitors can view over-sized projections of their own faces on a canvas of trees, create falling snowflakes, spot crystal chandeliers, and hug or sing to trees to watch them respond.
Tickets cost $15 for nonmembers, and $10 for ages 2 to 17, with advance ticket purchase recommended. Contact www.mortonarb.org/illumination or 630-725-2066.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Wildlife to inspire drawing class for kids at Mayslake in Oak Brook
- Trinity Irish Dancers to perform from Hinsdale to Addison and beyond
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events, March 7 to 30
- Planit 5: Cook County events, March 7 to 16
- Ice fishing clinic added at Hidden Lake in Downers Grove
- Newborn lambs at Kline Creek Farm in West Chicago
- Lecture on Carl Sandburg, special events set by Elmhurst Historical Museum
- Author and Iraq war veteran Miyoko Hikiji to speak at Cantigny in Wheaton
- DuPage Forest Preserve volunteers needed for restoration workdays