Holiday gifts offered at DuPage Forest Preserve attractions
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County offers unique holiday gifts for sale, with proceeds earmarked to support the agency’s mission of conservation, education and recreation.
• Kline Creek Farm at 1N600 County Farm Road in West Chicago offers old-fashioned ornaments and home décor, Christmas crackers, toys, needlework kits and items handmade on the farm. Shoppers can find carved rolling pins to make springerle cookies and historic recipe books. The farm’s visitor center and gift shop are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday through Monday. Call 630-876-5900.
• Willowbrook Wildlife Center at 525 S. Park Blvd. in Glen Ellyn sells ornaments, stuffed animals, children’s toys, bird feeders and its annual wall calendar that features scenes of its resident animals. Willowbrook Wildlife Center is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 630-942-6200.
• Mayslake Peabody Estate at 1717 W. 31st St. in Oak Brook has keepsake ornaments of Mayslake Hall and the Portiuncula Chapel, as well as gift certificates for restoration-in-progress tours of the historic estate. Shoppers are welcome Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 630-206-9566.
• Danada Equestrian Center at 3S507 Naperville Road in Wheaton offers gift certificates for hayrides and sleigh rides, lucky horseshoes worn by Danada horses and hats, T-shirts and sweatshirts. The Danada Equestrian Center office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call 630-668-6012.
• District headquarters at 3S580 Naperville Road in Wheaton has stocking stuffers such as water bottles, notecards and custom-designed socks, as well as lasting gifts such as tribute benches and trees placed in forest preserves. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 630-933-7248.
The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County owns and manages 25,000 acres of prairies, woodlands and wetlands. Each year its 60 forest preserves, 145 miles of trails, five education centers and scores of programs welcome more than four million visitors. For information, call 630-933-7200 or visit www.dupageforest.org.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Dec. 17 to Jan. 2
- Artist deadline extended for West Chicago banner project
- Youth can game Native American style in Romeoville
- Volunteers sought for Audubon Society bird count
- Check out select events in Planit 5