Fundraiser to help storm victims
By Suburban Life Media
Area residents, civic leaders and nonprofit groups are stepping up to help with relief efforts for those hit by recent storms in Illinois and the Philippines with a benefit Thursday evening.
Proceeds from the Boligbrook event will help communities in Illinois where hundreds of homes were destroyed by tornados, and in the Philippines where Typhoon Haiyan killed thousands.
The Bolingbrook Rotary Club, along with the village of Bolingbrook, the Bolingbrook Golf Course, Kiwanis clubs of Bolingbrook and Romeoville, Hope for Haiyan - Southwest Suburbs, and Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital invite everyone to join the benefit from 7 to 9 p.m. Dec. 12 in the Bolingbrook Golf Club, 2001 Rodeo Drive, where a host of fundraising opportunities will be available to help those in need.
The event is expected to raise at least $10,000, said organizers. The special evening will include:
· Food provided by Ashbury's, Chick-fil-a, Gordon Biersch, Nancy's Pizza and others
· DJ and ethnic entertainment
· Raffles and silent auction
· Cash bar
Tickets cost $25 per person in advance at www.eventbrite.com/e/fundraiser-event-for-typhoon-relief-tickets-9449942031. One hundred percent of the proceeds will be donated for relief efforts.
Corporate sponsorship and recognition during the event run $500. To date, Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital, Kiwanis and 12five Capital have pledged $500 sponsorships.
Deductions will fall under the Bolingbrook Rotary Club 501 (c) (3) IRS tax-exempt status (ask for the IRS Tax ID number if needed for accounting purposes).
More Music News
- Special Consensus to bring bluegrass to FitzGerald's in Berwyn
- Fox Valley Arts Hall of Fame Banquet nears in Bartlett; names new inductees
- Levi Weaver concert tour to lead to Naperville venue
- Musicians to headline family friendly lineup at Elmhurst bookstore
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Soli Deo Gloria of Glen Ellyn brings Bach's 'St. Matthew Passion' to Blu-ray
- Grove Players to bring 'Cabaret' to Downers Grove stage
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events, April 18 to May 4
- Planit 5: Cook County events, April 18 to May 10
- Bethel Church to present Messiaen's 'Quartet for the End of Time' on Good Friday