Suburban dancers to leap into Ballet Légere 'Nutcracker'
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Artistic Director Donna Vittorio will lead Ballet Légere's 29th production of "The Nutcracker Ballet," featuring dancers from across the suburbs and guest artists between Dec. 12 and 16.
Guest artists are Vanessa Woods and Erik Hoffman of the St. Louis Ballet, who will dance the Grand Pas de Deux. Also featured are Joseph Caruana and Megan Walsh of Elements Contemporary Ballet in Chicago.
Dancers include Marina Economos of Downers Grove; Grace Hospenthal and Hannah Hospenthal, both of Bolingbrook; Nicole Randazzo of Darien; Josie Bylaitis of Westmont; Esther Letizia, Hallie Letizia, Ariella Risk and Nicole Riske, all of Clarendon Hills; Ashlyn Salek of Elmhurst; Sydney Wirtz of Glendale Heights; Bianca Dimailig and Giselle Dimailig, both of La Grange; Ingrid Martinez of Berwyn; Olivia Meurer and Sadie Towers, both of Brookfield; Jacqueline Lopez, Grace Reven and Emma Tiemeyer, all of La Grange Park; Sarah Brom of Riverside; Layla Contreras and Alexis Holmes, both of Cicero; and Alexa Auriemma, Julia Auriemma, Nicole Flowers, Violet Masek, Sophie Nevers, Katie Nunamaker, Vanessa Scafuri and Marisa Trelenberg, all of Westchester.
Performances begin at 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, and 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15, in Dominican University Lund Auditorium, 7900 W. Division St., River Forest. (School field trips Dec. 12, 13 and 16 are open to groups.)
Tickets cost $25 for adults, and $20 for seniors and children younger than 12, or $2 more at the door. For tickets, call 773-237-1874 or visit www.balletlegere.org. Early ticket purchase is recommended.
A backstage tour is offered after the Dec. 14 matinee for $6.
More Dance News
- 'Mary Poppins' to alight at Paramount Theatre
- Theater troupes announce December auditions in Westmont, Elmhurst
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, Nov. 21 to Jan. 3
- Connie Marshall to sing in La Grange, Naperville
- Salt Creek Ballet to stage special 'Nutcracker' in Hinsdale
- Critic’s Choice: Drury Lane’s ‘Camelot’ an exciting reimagining
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Nov. 13 to Dec. 7
- Luminarias, performances to mark Veterans Day at Cantigny in Wheaton
- Recycled Percussion to unleash 'junk rock' at Paramount
- Mystery Diner: John & Tony's an inviting Italian-American steakhouse