Acappellago to perform holiday concert in two suburban venues
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Acappellago, an adult volunteer a cappella chamber choir based in Westmont, will perform its annual holiday concerts in two venues. This year's program is titled “Escape to … A Star in the East.”
Concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, at Mayslake Peabody Estate, 1717 W. 31st St., Oak Brook, and at 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, in the Congregational Church of Batavia, 21 S. Batavia Ave. Tickets cost $15 to $17 and are available at www.Acappellago.org or 708-484-3797.
Included are audience favorites, such as “Ave Maria” by Franz Biebl, as well as the Real Group setting of “Star Over Bethlehem,” music by Arvo Part and John Tavener, and a variety of traditional and contemporary a cappella offerings.
The program also features the Chicago area premiere of “Blessed Be That Maid Marie” by Irish composer Sean Doherty, and the U.S. premiere of “O Magnum Mysterium” by Icelandic composer Sigouraur Saevarsson.
More Concerts News
- Commander Cody's Bill Kirchen to play FitzGerald's in Berwyn
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Aug. 2 to 29
- Planit 5: Cook County events: Aug. 1 to 10
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Legendary Holmes Brothers to celebrate CD with free lakeside concert at COD