Historical interpreter to portray Jackie Kennedy
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Performer Leslie Goddard becomes former First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy for a program commemorating the 50th anniversary of the death of President Kennedy. The event is presented by the Villa Park Public Library at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 18.
The program is set in 1964, when, in a dramatic revelation, Jackie recounts her husband’s death and comes to a heartfelt decision about how to begin a new life for herself and her children. The program by the well-known historical interpreter is co-sponsored by the Villa Park Historical Preservation Commission and Historical Society.
For more than 10 years, Goddard has presented history lectures and performed first-person programs in the Chicago area. Trained as a historian, she earned her doctorate from Northwestern University, and writes and lectures on U.S. cultural history.
The Villa Park Public Library is at 305 S. Ardmore Ave. Admission is free, but registration is required by calling 630-834-1164, ext. 5. For more information, visit www.vppl.info.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Trick-or-treat comic book giveaway to draw fans
- Trick-or-treating and costume contest to roll into Pinstripes
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Oct. 18 to 21
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Oct. 18 to Nov. 9
- Cosley Zoo unveils family Pumpkin Fest in Wheaton