The voice times seven: Swingle Singers head to FitzGerald's
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The legendary a cappella group, The Swingle Singers, celebrates its 50-year history in a rare club appearance at FitzGerald's next week in Berwyn.
Based in London, and featuring a changing roster, the Grammy-winning group continues to push the boundaries of the human voice. Known for vocal agility and blend, the ensemble features seven young and versatile voices delivering folk ballads, funk jams and fugues with precision and passion.
Founded by American-born Ward Swingle in 1963, the group has performed at La Scala and been featured in the soundtrack for "Glee."
The concert starts at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, in FitzGerald’s, 6615 W. Roosevelt Road. Tickets cost $25 at the club and shawurl.com/fitzgeralds. For more information, call 708-788-2118 or visit www.fitzgeraldsnightclub.com.
More Music News
- Special Consensus to bring bluegrass to FitzGerald's in Berwyn
- Fox Valley Arts Hall of Fame Banquet nears in Bartlett; names new inductees
- Levi Weaver concert tour to lead to Naperville venue
- Musicians to headline family friendly lineup at Elmhurst bookstore
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Soli Deo Gloria of Glen Ellyn brings Bach's 'St. Matthew Passion' to Blu-ray
- Grove Players to bring 'Cabaret' to Downers Grove stage
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events, April 18 to May 4
- Planit 5: Cook County events, April 18 to May 10
- Bethel Church to present Messiaen's 'Quartet for the End of Time' on Good Friday