The voice times seven: Swingle Singers head to FitzGerald's
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The legendary a cappella group, The Swingle Singers, celebrates its 50-year history in a rare club appearance at FitzGerald's next week in Berwyn.
Based in London, and featuring a changing roster, the Grammy-winning group continues to push the boundaries of the human voice. Known for vocal agility and blend, the ensemble features seven young and versatile voices delivering folk ballads, funk jams and fugues with precision and passion.
Founded by American-born Ward Swingle in 1963, the group has performed at La Scala and been featured in the soundtrack for "Glee."
The concert starts at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, in FitzGerald’s, 6615 W. Roosevelt Road. Tickets cost $25 at the club and shawurl.com/fitzgeralds. For more information, call 708-788-2118 or visit www.fitzgeraldsnightclub.com.
More Music News
- Grammy winner to guest conduct St. Charles Singers in Wheaton
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Students to sharpen comedic skills in 'Spamalot' musical
- Kara Kesselring releases new album
- Celtic dance troupe to star at McAninch Arts Center