Shopping and edibles to spice WineDown-Town in Elmhurst
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
An evening of private shopping, wine sampling and noshing on appetizers is at the heart of WineDown-Town, a ladies night out presented by The Elmhurst Retail Group from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7.
"Participating merchants will wine, dine and pamper you in this progressive wine and shopping night," said organizers, noting that many participating businesses will offer special promotions for savings.
And when it comes to finding timesavers for entertaining at Thanksgiving and other holidays, guests can sample the wines and appetizers that can be ordered at a discount that evening through Tannins Wine Bar, as well as Chow, a specialty market offering handmade food to go.
The fun begins with valet parking, available at Cottage Hill Diamonds, where you can fill out your wish list to be eligible for its $4,000 diamond pendant or earrings grand prize.
And by purchasing a ticket for the ladies night out, you are entered for a chance to win a raffle prize worth $1,500, consisting of Elmhurst Retail Group merchandise and gift certificates.
Tickets cost $10 in advance, $15 at the door, and can be purchased at Cottage Hill Diamonds, Rouse and Chow. The first 150 people to purchase tickets also receive a complimentary swag bag filled with goodies from participating ERG merchants.
Each participating shop will feature wines from a different region, paired with appetizers from local restaurants.
Here's a sampling of some of the promotions offered that night:
• Get glammed up at Merle Norman for a Quick Take Glam Shot, courtesy of Maggie Blaszczyk of MWD Photography. The digital photo will be available to order for $25 – just in time for a new holiday Facebook profile. Also, Merle Norman will share its Evening Make-up “Must Haves.”
• Chow will help you get ready for holiday entertaining. They will have a festive sparkling Prosecco on hand, that can be purchased that evening for a discount. Chow’s Thanksgiving dinner menu will be displayed, featuring a variety of prepared appetizers and soups, salads, side dishes and desserts. The turkey itself comes fully prepped, complete with fresh herbs under the skin, seasoned with real butter and seasonings, and then trussed. Just pop it in the oven for a home-cooked Thanksgiving dinner.
• Rouse offers 30 percent off the entire purchase, as well as door prize giveaways. They carry Yoga Jeans, as well as outfits for the holidays.
• Moms and grandmas can flock to My Favorite Toy Store and save 20 percent off the entire purchase of educational and fun toys and games.
• For hobby enthusiasts, Al’s Hobby Shop offers $10 off any purchase of $50 or more.
• Prepare for winter athletic pursuits at The Runner’s Soul, where you can save 15 percent on all purchases and get a complimentary mini-massage by Healthsource.
• Enzee Boutique offers 15 percent off the entire purchase, and will feature Spanish designer Desigual.
• The Uptown Shop will offer a promotion on eco-friendly, positive-energy jewelry by Alex and Ani – buy three and get the fourth piece free.
• Goalie’s Goodies carries a variety of nostalgic candy and homemade popcorn in a unique selection of flavors. Available in tins, it makes gifts for clients, college students and hostesses; receive a 15 percent discount.
• Tannins Wine Bar will feature specialty cocktails, as well as 25 percent off all wine accessories.
• Take a break at Pints Elmhurst, where you can enjoy a sample flight of Pints' craft beers, paired with a flight of the signature sliders, which will be offered to participants at a special discount. The extensive selection of craft beer includes Root Beer beer from a Wauconda brewery.
• Stock up on specialty olive oils and vinegars at Elmhurst Olive Oil, with a 15 percent discount.
• The Salseria Grill & Cantina will offer a sample tasting menu and free sangria tasting.
Organizers note the event is a great way to shop local, support independent local businesses, and be treated like a celebrity.
The Elmhurst Retail Group states it was founded as an outgrowth of informal business discussions regarding business challenges faced by retail business owners in downtown Elmhurst; the ERG is focused on planning, organizing and marketing events that encourage area residents to shop local.
To learn more, visit www.facebook.com/ElmhurstRetailGroup.
More Lifestyle News
- Elmhurst Garden Club to set February abloom with early valentine program
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Jan. 21 to April 5
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Oak Brook Hills Resort books helicopter rides for high-flying valentine's package
- 'Pack the Place' dinner set by Glenbard West Boosters
- Enchanted Railroad chugs into Morton Arboretum with new look
- Whole Foods Market in Hinsdale to present wellness events, fashion
- ‘Woods Walk’ photo contest winners named