Il Poggiolo introduces weekend brunch to Hinsdale
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Leisure returns to weekends in Hinsdale, as Il Poggiolo restaurant debuts a brunch menu, beginning Saturday, Nov. 2. The a la carte menu will feature traditional breakfast fare, such as omelets, eggs, waffles and crepes, as well as specialty lunch entrees including pastas, pizzas and paninis, all prepared with a modern Italian twist.
Some unique featured items are the Poggiolo Skillet (braised short ribs,wild mushrooms, caramelized chipolini onions, smoked gouda, diced potatoes, two eggs); Lobster Macaroni (lobster, tritollini pasta, four-cheese sauce, breadcrumbs); Tiramisu Waffle (coffee chocolate waffle, mascarpone cream, vanilla Marsala syrup); and Salmone Omelete (asparagus, herbed mascarpone, capers,avocado, smoked salmon). Brunch entrees range from $8 to $28.
A wide variety of appetizers, salads and side dishes are also available. Brunch will be available from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
Il Poggiolo, meaning “The Balcony,” features a hand-crafted custom interior with overhanging balcony, rich woods, amber hued resins and vibrant upholstery. It is located at 8 E. First St., and reservations are recommended at 630-734-9400. Visit www.ilpoggiolohinsdale.com.
Il Poggiolo is part of a family restaurant group owned by Peter and Dana Burdi. All are located in Hinsdale.
More Lifestyle News
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Nov. 2 to 9
- Art events to draw support for Elmhurst charity
- Radio reenactment troupe to present ‘Oh No, It’s Poe!'
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- 'Gold Star Mother Pilgrimages' author to appear at Cantigny
- Labriola Café pastry chefs to assist at haunted house decorating
- Bowls for Hunger benefit set at Congregation Etz Chaim in Lombard
- Cantigny 5K to support homeless veterans
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Oct. 23 to 31
- Reception set for exhibit by Sister Mary Southard at Theosophical Society in Wheaton