Il Poggiolo introduces weekend brunch to Hinsdale
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Leisure returns to weekends in Hinsdale, as Il Poggiolo restaurant debuts a brunch menu, beginning Saturday, Nov. 2. The a la carte menu will feature traditional breakfast fare, such as omelets, eggs, waffles and crepes, as well as specialty lunch entrees including pastas, pizzas and paninis, all prepared with a modern Italian twist.
Some unique featured items are the Poggiolo Skillet (braised short ribs,wild mushrooms, caramelized chipolini onions, smoked gouda, diced potatoes, two eggs); Lobster Macaroni (lobster, tritollini pasta, four-cheese sauce, breadcrumbs); Tiramisu Waffle (coffee chocolate waffle, mascarpone cream, vanilla Marsala syrup); and Salmone Omelete (asparagus, herbed mascarpone, capers,avocado, smoked salmon). Brunch entrees range from $8 to $28.
A wide variety of appetizers, salads and side dishes are also available. Brunch will be available from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
Il Poggiolo, meaning “The Balcony,” features a hand-crafted custom interior with overhanging balcony, rich woods, amber hued resins and vibrant upholstery. It is located at 8 E. First St., and reservations are recommended at 630-734-9400. Visit www.ilpoggiolohinsdale.com.
Il Poggiolo is part of a family restaurant group owned by Peter and Dana Burdi. All are located in Hinsdale.
More Food & Drink News
- Choirs to join Elgin Symphony Orchestra in 'Beethoven Inspired'
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: Cook County events, March 7 to 16
- Lecture on Carl Sandburg, special events set by Elmhurst Historical Museum
- Mystery Diner: Omega Restaurant prepares favorites to the letter in Downers Grove
- Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant plans benefit tapping party in Bolingbrook
- Bakeries to prepare paczki to sweeten Mardi Gras in Villa Park and beyond
- Planit Wine Club: 2011 Gschweicher Klassik Grüner Veltliner
- 'Night Owl Ball' to take wing as benefit at Hilton for Willowbrook Wildlife Center in Glen Ellyn
- Music notes: 'Downton Abbey' tea benefit and open house set by Elgin Youth Symphony Orchestra