Group mixed-media exhibit on display in West Chicago
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The “Fall into Art” exhibition continues until Oct. 27 at Gallery 200 in West Chicago, where members celebrate Artoberfest with a mixed-media collaboration of seasonal works.
They include oil paintings by Marge Hall; books and papers by Cheryl Mahowald; soft pastel by Heide Morris; mixed media by Buddy Plumlee, Mandy Jones and First Star Art; photography and jewelry by Britta Renwick; and colored-pencil illustrations by Kathy Steere.
The month-long event also includes a silent auction. Auction items include fine art donated by Gallery 200 member artists, such as framed originals, greeting cards and sculptures, as well as various art supplies for sale. The proceeds will benefit the West Chicago Cultural Arts Commission Scholarship Fund, benefitting local students pursuing an arts education.
Gallery 200 at 200 Main St. is a cultural initiative supported by the city of West Chicago and the West Chicago Cultural Arts Commission.
It's open from noon to 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday; and noon to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. For more information, including a complete list of current art classes, call (630) 293-9550 or visit www.gallery200.org.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Brookfield Zoo lights up with Holiday Magic
- Village Theatre Guild sets auditions for 'Good People' by David Lindsay-Abaire
- Morton Arboretum Photographic Society shows works in Woodridge
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Dec. 17 to Jan. 2
- Artist deadline extended for West Chicago banner project