TV star Walt Willey to perform his one-man show about 'Wild Bill'
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Walt Willey, who played Erica Kane's heartthrob Jackson Montgomery on "All My Children," takes aim this weekend at the new one-man role he's written in "Wild Bill! An Evening of James Butler Hickok."
The action is set in the Number 10 Saloon in Deadwood, where he was murdered. Believing if he tells the audience his true story he will be released from purgatory, Hickok relates his humble beginnings in Illinois, his experience with the Underground Railroad, his time in the Civil War, scouting for Custer, his legendary gunfights, love of women and adventures with "Buffalo Bill" Cody and "Calamity Jane" Cannery.
Willey's hometown is Ottawa, Ill., near Hickok's birthplace.
He will perform the show at 2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25, and 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at Pheasant Run, bordering DuPage Airport, 4051 E. Main St., St. Charles.
Tickets cost $32 to $42. For tickets, call 630-584-6342 or visit www.ticketmaster.com. For more on the resort and its restaurants, visit www.pheasantrun.com.
More Theater News
- CRITIC’S CHOICE: Superb ‘Les Miz’ scales the heights at Drury Lane
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, April 12 to May 30
- Pilobolus Dance Theater to star at McAninch in Glen Ellyn
- Christie's director to discuss Liz Taylor's jewelry at Lizzadro Museum in Elmhurst