'Rocky Horror' shadow cast to raise funds for shelter at 5K in Downers Grove
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Completely Crazy, a "Rocky Horror Picture Show" shadow cast, again will field a team for the Be a Hero for Hope: 10K/5K Run-Walk next weekend. The event in Downers Grove will benefit Family Shelter Service, a domestic violence shelter based in DuPage County.
Cast members note their team will walk the 5K in their costumes, swapping high heels for sneakers. They have been performing every Saturday night at Hollywood Blvd. in Woodridge for a decade, and feature numerous talents from the western suburbs.
Completely Crazy was last year's top fundraising team at the 5K, and this year has been garnering donations online from countries as far away as France.
Be a Hero for Hope begins at 8:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, at Downers Grove North High School, 4436 Main St.
Donations for the team of cast members can be made at fss.donorpages.com/HeroforHope2013/CompletelyCrazy. To learn more about the shelter, visit www.familyshelterservice.org.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Tom’s Cookbook Library: Mom’s apple pie a memory-jogger
- LEGO homage to DuPage County Historical Museum on display in Wheaton
- Bolingbrook theater plots auditions for 'Accomplice' comedy thriller
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events, Aug. 29 to Sept. 6
- Men sought to join ranks of Chorus of DuPage