Autumn hues to spice horse-drawn hay rides in Wheaton
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Enjoy fall's colorful palette from a perch aboard a horse-drawn hay ride that spends a half hour traveling through the forests and fields of Danada Forest Preserve in Wheaton.
Passengers load on a first-come basis at the main stable every 45 minutes, and can meet the horses before each ride. They cost $5 for ages 13 and older, $2 for ages 5 to 12, and are free for younger kids.
Groups of 15 or more may arrange private rides, which include a warming fire.
Danada Equestrian Center is at 3S507 Naperville Road. The fall rides are offered from noon to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Nov. 3.
For information about the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County hay rides, call the center at 630-668-6012 or visit www.dupageforest.org.
More Family Fun News
- Puppets to bring Frosty to life at Elmhurst Library
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Dec. 17 to Jan. 2
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, Dec. 17 to Jan. 4
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Youth can game Native American style in Romeoville
- DreamWorks presents Santa adventure led by Shrek at Oakbrook Center
- Saint Genesius to stage 'The Best Christmas Pageant Ever' in Lombard
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, Dec. 13 to 31
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Dec. 13 to 19
- IC Catholic Prep to present 'Scrooge – A Christmas Carol' at York Theatre in Elmhurst