Glass Pumpkin Patch to sprout at Morton Arboretum
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
A colorful favorite returns to the Morton Arboretum in Lisle, where glassblowers will create works of art in demonstrations the first days of the Glass Pumpkin Patch. Continuing from Wednesday to Sunday, Oct. 16 to 20, the event will feature 3,000 glass pumpkins and autumnal designs such as apples, gourds and acorns.
Demonstrations end when pieces go on sale at 1 p.m. Friday for the weekend.
“Large crowds gather to watch the gaffers, as they walk through each stage of the process and narrate step by step,” said Jacque Fucilla, manager of The Arboretum Store.
The event takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day at 4100 Route 53. Regular admission is charged. Visit mortonarb.org.
More Art News
- Reception to celebrate pop art exhibit in Elmhurst
- Reception to launch 'Wonderful and Wearable' art at gallery
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Dec. 6 to mid-month
- Workshops to debut for LEGO week
- Artist Sabina Ott to speak at Riverside Arts Center