Glass Pumpkin Patch to sprout at Morton Arboretum
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
A colorful favorite returns to the Morton Arboretum in Lisle, where glassblowers will create works of art in demonstrations the first days of the Glass Pumpkin Patch. Continuing from Wednesday to Sunday, Oct. 16 to 20, the event will feature 3,000 glass pumpkins and autumnal designs such as apples, gourds and acorns.
Demonstrations end when pieces go on sale at 1 p.m. Friday for the weekend.
“Large crowds gather to watch the gaffers, as they walk through each stage of the process and narrate step by step,” said Jacque Fucilla, manager of The Arboretum Store.
The event takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day at 4100 Route 53. Regular admission is charged. Visit mortonarb.org.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Mystery Diner: Weber Grill elevates backyard barbecue
- Artist to demonstrate acrylic painting in Bloomingdale
- Suburban cast to bring 'Haunted Widow Lincoln' to stage
- Hawthorne adds wager twists to thoroughbred racing; Rocktoberfest nears
- Turkish center to teach cooking class in Wheaton
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Book lovers can stock their shelves at library's sale in Western Springs
- On Par for DuPage benefit golf outing to tee up at Arrowhead in Wheaton
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Sept. 25 to 30
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Sept. 26 to Oct. 12