Glass Pumpkin Patch to sprout at Morton Arboretum
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
A colorful favorite returns to the Morton Arboretum in Lisle, where glassblowers will create works of art in demonstrations the first days of the Glass Pumpkin Patch. Continuing from Wednesday to Sunday, Oct. 16 to 20, the event will feature 3,000 glass pumpkins and autumnal designs such as apples, gourds and acorns.
Demonstrations end when pieces go on sale at 1 p.m. Friday for the weekend.
“Large crowds gather to watch the gaffers, as they walk through each stage of the process and narrate step by step,” said Jacque Fucilla, manager of The Arboretum Store.
The event takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day at 4100 Route 53. Regular admission is charged. Visit mortonarb.org.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- 7th heaven to rock Tivoli in Downers Grove for SEASPAR
- 'Artistry in Wood' exhibit to take shape at Cantigny in Wheaton
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Book signing set at Anderson's for true story about chasing a dream
- Arbor Day event spreads to Chicago courtesy of Morton Arboretum in Lisle