Antiques show to benefit DuPage County Historical Museum
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Drawing dealers from 14 states, the Fall Fox Valley Antiques Show will benefit the DuPage County Historical Museum in Wheaton. "Folk Art: Simple Pleasures" features 55 dealers offering authenticated 18th, 19th and early 20th century antiques, with a healthy dose of folk art.
Antiques are displayed in room settings, notes the presenter, the Chicago Suburban Antiques Dealers Association. A catered lunch will be available, and author Tina Woltman will be on hand.
The show complements the museum's "Early Illinois Folk Art, 1825-1925" exhibit, extended to Oct. 27. The museum will receive a portion of antiques show ticket sales. For more on the museum and the exhibit, visit www.dupagemuseum.org.
The antiques show is set in the Kane County Fairgrounds' Prairie Events Center, 525 S. Randall Road, St. Charles. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 19 and 20.
Admission costs $8 at wheatonparkdistrict.com/tickets. For previews and discount admission coupon, visit www.csada.com.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Labriola Café pastry chefs to assist at haunted house decorating
- Dog park permits to go on sale for Will County forest preserves
- Cantigny 5K to support homeless veterans
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Oct. 23 to 31
- Planit 5: Cook County events: Oct. 23 to Nov. 8