Students to stage Brothers Grimm mash-up at Hinsdale Central High School
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Next weekend marks the start of Hinsdale Central High School’s next theatrical experience, the freshmen play. Eighteen freshmen actors will present "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon" by Don Zolidis at 7 p.m. Thursday to Saturday, Oct. 17 to 19.
In the full-length play, the fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm are turned on their heads for what's described as a fast-paced, rollicking ride. The students will combine all 209 stories, ranging from classics such as "Cinderella" and "Little Red Riding Hood," to the more obscure and bizarre stories like "The Girl Without Hands" or "Straw, Coal and Bean." The student actors will take on more than 45 parts.
The all-freshmen cast is comprised of Nicole Antonios, Molly Awalt, Frankie Barreda, Lily Chrones, Megan Compton, Shannon Corcoran, Tricia Fishbein, Jack Franco, Ella Heider, Mackenzie Huber, Samantha Lee, Frannie Leone, Anna Lowery, Haley Quinones, Luke Schefke, Allison Schuster and Selin Turkyilmaz.
Tickets cost $7. The school is at 55th and Grant streets. For more information, visit www.hinsdaledrama.com.
More Family Fun News
- Otis Wilson to lead fundraiser for Payton Scholarship Fund at Famous Dave's in Bolingbrook
- Comedy to mash up Jersey shore and bard at York High School in Elmhurst
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Elmhurst City Centre plans Boo-tiful Saturday
- Trick-or-treat comic book giveaway to draw fans