New gallery at Benedictine University remembers late monk's legacy in art
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The new Fr. Michael E. Komechak, O.S.B., Art Gallery is open to the public weekdays at Benedictine University in Lisle. Named in honor of the late monk who amassed the large collection, the gallery features works in diverse media by locally and internationally recognized artists.
Regular hours for the new gallery are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays.
Other exhibits in the building include “Parallels,” paintings by Eulalio Bueno Silva Jr., in the second-floor atrium. “Dual Landscapes,” photos by Glenn Hansen, Stephen Parker and Susana Veloz, and “The Streets of San Salvador,” a collection of student photos, are displayed on the first floor.
The new gallery is on the fifth floor of Kindlon Hall of Learning, 5700 College Road. Admission is free. For more information, visit www.ben.edu/komechakartgallery or call 630-829-6320.
More Lifestyle News
- Elmhurst Garden Club to set February abloom with early valentine program
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Jan. 21 to April 5
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Oak Brook Hills Resort books helicopter rides for high-flying valentine's package
- 'Pack the Place' dinner set by Glenbard West Boosters
- Enchanted Railroad chugs into Morton Arboretum with new look
- Whole Foods Market in Hinsdale to present wellness events, fashion
- ‘Woods Walk’ photo contest winners named