New gallery at Benedictine University remembers late monk's legacy in art
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The new Fr. Michael E. Komechak, O.S.B., Art Gallery is open to the public weekdays at Benedictine University in Lisle. Named in honor of the late monk who amassed the large collection, the gallery features works in diverse media by locally and internationally recognized artists.
Regular hours for the new gallery are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays.
Other exhibits in the building include “Parallels,” paintings by Eulalio Bueno Silva Jr., in the second-floor atrium. “Dual Landscapes,” photos by Glenn Hansen, Stephen Parker and Susana Veloz, and “The Streets of San Salvador,” a collection of student photos, are displayed on the first floor.
The new gallery is on the fifth floor of Kindlon Hall of Learning, 5700 College Road. Admission is free. For more information, visit www.ben.edu/komechakartgallery or call 630-829-6320.
More Lifestyle News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Tom’s Cookbook Library: Mom’s apple pie a memory-jogger
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events, Aug. 29 to Sept. 6
- Hinsdale Furriers’ This Old Fur reopens for business
- Men sought to join ranks of Chorus of DuPage
- Kids safety event headed to DuPage Children's Museum
- Family 'Night Hike' to be capped by 'S’more-gasbord' in Oak Brook
- Summer in bloom at forest preserve prairies in Glen Ellyn, West Chicago, Darien
- Square dancing open house to swing into Lombard
- Film society to bring Roger Ebert documentary to Tivoli Theatre in Downers Grove