Student musicians prepare for Stringfest in Lombard
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The Glenbard East High School auditorium will be the scene for Stringfest, a bi-annual orchestral celebration by high school and middle school musicians at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17, in Lombard.
Performing will be the orchestras of Glenbard East, Glenbard North, Glenbard South, Glenbard West, Glen Crest Middle School, Hadley Junior High School, Westlake Middle School, and Marquardt Middle School.
The middle school student musicians will combine into a 200-plus concert orchestra. Guest conductor for the mass orchestra is Krista Halvorson from Neuqua Valley High School. She will workshop with the students before their part of the evening concert.
The auditorium is at 1014 S. Main St. (www.glenbardeasths.org). Admission costs $3 for adults, $2 for students and seniors. For information, call Glen Crest’s office at 630-469-5220.
More Music News
- Registration underway for violin competition in Clarendon Hills
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Nov. 26 to Jan. 4
- Planit 5: Cook events: Nov. 25 to Jan. 4
- Stephen Alltop to conduct Apollo Chorus in 'Messiah'