GreenMan Theatre's 'Spooky Stories and Songs of the Season' to scare up good time
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
GreenMan Theatre Troupe will launch its 10th year with "Spooky Stories and Songs of the Season," featuring spine-chilling lyrics and tales. The selections pay homage to the time-honored tradition of storytelling. The show will be presented at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Oct. 11 and 12, in Asbury Hall at First United Methodist Church, Elmhurst.
Admission costs $5, and free parking is available. The church is at 232 S. York Road. Tickets can be reserved at ticketpeak.com/gmtt.
"Spooky Stories and Songs of the Season" is directed by Carolyn Thomas-Davidoff, and features the talents of Cassy Beach, Marilyn Connolly, Gary Davidoff, Judy Ekblad, Valerie Meachum, Alice Rebecchi, Sally Roberts, Paul Safyan, Sally Soukup and Thomas-Davidoff.
The nonprofit GreenMan Theatre Troupe has been presenting plays in Elmhurst since being founded in 2003 by Jill Perez, David Soria and Carole Thorpe. GreenMan also offers classes and workshops, and welcomes new members and participants in all aspects of theater production.
For more information, go to www.greenmantheatre.com or call 630-464-2646.
GreenMan programs are partially funded by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency. Financial support is provided by the City of Elmhurst Community Grant Program.
More Family Fun News
- 'Vicki Lawrence and Mama: A Two-Woman Show' to play Paramount
- Glen Ellyn Library offers playful 'Swinging Thru the Stacks' benefit
- Albright Theatre to stage 'The Mousetrap'
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Jan. 22 to Feb. 28
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- 'Pack the Place' dinner set by Glenbard West Boosters
- Enchanted Railroad chugs into Morton Arboretum with new look
- Door County fish boil to flavor FitzGerald's shows by Switchback and Julian Hagen
- Radio reenactment troupe performs ‘The Great Radio Detectives’ at Oak Park Arms
- Classic Cinemas presents 'Predict the Oscars' contest