Hit play 'Boy Gets Girl' opens at Theatre of Western Springs
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Theatre of Western Springs presents its first Forum play of the 85th season, “Boy Gets Girl,” by Rebecca Gilman. The play hooks its audience with an innocent-seeming blind date that leads to a disquieting tale of obsession.
The show was named the top play of 2000 by Time magazine.
The main character, Theresa, finds that Tony's daily flower deliveries soon are replaced with frightening phone calls and unannounced visits. His continued attempts to win her over grow from annoying to harassing to horrifying. Amy Fenton directs.
The production team notes that the drama contains mature themes and is not recommended for children.
The theater is at 4384 Hampton Ave., Western Springs. Performances begin at 8 p.m. Thursday to Saturday, Oct. 3, 4, 5; 2:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays, Sept. 28, 29, Oct. 5 and 6; and 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29.
Tickets cost $18 and $20. For reservations and information, contact 708-246-3380 or www.theatrewesternsprings.com.
More Theater News
- CRITIC’S CHOICE: Superb ‘Les Miz’ scales the heights at Drury Lane
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, April 12 to May 30
- Pilobolus Dance Theater to star at McAninch in Glen Ellyn
- Christie's director to discuss Liz Taylor's jewelry at Lizzadro Museum in Elmhurst