Artoberfest exhibit to color West Chicago exhibit
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Gallery 200 will unveil “Fall into Art” as the featured artist exhibit. Members of the gallery celebrate Artoberfest with a mixed-media collaboration of seasonal works on display from Oct. 3 to 27. A reception is planned Friday evening, Oct. 4.
Members’ exhibits include oil paintings by Marge Hall; books and papers by Cheryl Mahowald; soft pastel by Heide Morris; mixed media by Buddy Plumlee, Mandy Jones and First Star Art; photography and jewelry by Britta Renwick; and colored pencil illustrations by Kathy Steere.
Silent auction benefit
In addition to the exhibit, a silent auction has been added to the month-long event. Auction items will include fine art donated by Gallery 200 member artists, such as framed originals, greeting cards and sculptures, as well as various art supplies for sale. The proceeds will benefit the West Chicago Cultural Arts Commission Scholarship Fund, benefitting local students pursuing an arts education.
An opening reception to meet the artists will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 4. Light refreshments will be served, and entertainment will be provided by member artist and musician Mandy Rakow.
Gallery 200 is open noon to 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday; and noon to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. For more information, including a complete list of current art classes, call 630-293-9550 or visit www.gallery200.org.
More Art News
- McAninch Arts Center to present Sones de Mexico in West Chicago
- Bloomingdale artists group offers silk painting class with Rhonda Popko
- Wildlife to inspire drawing class for kids at Mayslake in Oak Brook
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events, March 7 to 30
- ClaySpace to shape ceramic classes, summer camp in Lisle
- 'Night Owl Ball' to take wing as benefit at Hilton for Willowbrook Wildlife Center in Glen Ellyn
- Planit 5: Cook County events, Feb. 27 to March 22
- Check out select events in Planit 5 from Willowbrook, Clarendon Hills, Hinsdale, Oak Brook, Lombard
- Reception planned by Elmhurst Artists’ Guild for Bret Steinhaus exhibit