Artoberfest exhibit to color West Chicago exhibit
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Gallery 200 will unveil “Fall into Art” as the featured artist exhibit. Members of the gallery celebrate Artoberfest with a mixed-media collaboration of seasonal works on display from Oct. 3 to 27. A reception is planned Friday evening, Oct. 4.
Members’ exhibits include oil paintings by Marge Hall; books and papers by Cheryl Mahowald; soft pastel by Heide Morris; mixed media by Buddy Plumlee, Mandy Jones and First Star Art; photography and jewelry by Britta Renwick; and colored pencil illustrations by Kathy Steere.
Silent auction benefit
In addition to the exhibit, a silent auction has been added to the month-long event. Auction items will include fine art donated by Gallery 200 member artists, such as framed originals, greeting cards and sculptures, as well as various art supplies for sale. The proceeds will benefit the West Chicago Cultural Arts Commission Scholarship Fund, benefitting local students pursuing an arts education.
An opening reception to meet the artists will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 4. Light refreshments will be served, and entertainment will be provided by member artist and musician Mandy Rakow.
Gallery 200 is open noon to 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday; and noon to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. For more information, including a complete list of current art classes, call 630-293-9550 or visit www.gallery200.org.
More Lifestyle News
- Lend hand to forest preserves' native plant nursery
- Say 'I can' to canning with U of I Extension expert
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events, July 12 to 17
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, July 11 to fall
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Herb expert to speak to Bloomingdale Garden Club
- Kayaking, camping to highlight trip on DuPage River
- Andrew Calhoun of Glen Ellyn to receive Lifetime Award at Woodstock Folk Festival
- Historic propaganda posters on display at Cantigny in Wheaton
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, July 2 to Nov. 2