Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery taps Rocktoberfest
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery celebrates fall with the tapping of its Rocktoberfest beer, and serves a limited-time fall menu that incorporates German classics with an updated twist now through Oct. 13. Locations are in Warrenville and Lombard.
Brewed in-house, Rocktoberfest is described as an Oktoberfest-style beer with a rich, toasted malt character and a subtle hop finish.
Also on the fall menu is a new Baby Brat appetizer (three mini bratwursts, beer boiled and grilled, wrapped in soft pretzel buns topped with caramelized onions and beer mustard) and four new entrees:
• Pretzel Burger - Grilled 8-ounce steakburger served on a pretzel bun topped with caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, Swiss cheese and beer mustard. Finished with lettuce and tomato.
• Sausage Platter – Traditional German sausages, Bratwurst, Hungarian and Knackwurst served with sauerkraut-bacon potato croquettes and braised red cabbage.
• Rocktoberfest Mac ‘n Cheese – House-made mac ‘n cheese loaded with German sausage, mushrooms and tomatoes, topped with Swiss cheese and crunchy Parmesan breadcrumbs.
• Deep Dish BBQ Chicken – Grilled chicken breast topped with BBQ sauce, hickory-smoked bacon and cheese over white cheddar mashed potatoes and served with apple coleslaw.
To round out the meal guests can enjoy an Oktoberfest-inspired dessert - Apple Cinnamon Strudel – (three mini strudels served over vanilla sauce, drizzled with caramel and dusted with powdered sugar).
A new bar offering for the promotional period will include the Casa Fresa (Casamigos tequila combined with agave nectar, strawberry puree, and fresh lime juice and topped with soda water).
For more information on Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery, visit: www.rockbottom.com.
More Food & Drink News
- St. Joseph Table nears at Christ the King Parish in Lombard
- Choirs to join Elgin Symphony Orchestra in 'Beethoven Inspired'
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: Cook County events, March 7 to 16
- Lecture on Carl Sandburg, special events set by Elmhurst Historical Museum
- Mystery Diner: Omega Restaurant prepares favorites to the letter in Downers Grove
- Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant plans benefit tapping party in Bolingbrook
- Bakeries to prepare paczki to sweeten Mardi Gras in Villa Park and beyond
- Planit Wine Club: 2011 Gschweicher Klassik Grüner Veltliner
- 'Night Owl Ball' to take wing as benefit at Hilton for Willowbrook Wildlife Center in Glen Ellyn