'Streetcar Named Desire' to arrive on Jedlicka stage in Cicero
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Tennessee Williams' "A Streetcar Named Desire" launches a new season at the Jedlicka Performing Arts Center in Cicero.
Set in New Orleans after World War II, the play follows Blanche DuBois, a fragile and neurotic woman, played by Kirstin Franklin. When she arrives at the doorstep of her sister Stella (Anslee Burns) and short-fused brother-in-law Stanley (Carl Herzog), the visit triggers explosive events one steamy summer.
Christopher Pazdernik directs the play, which earned the playwright the 1948 Pulitzer Prize for Drama.
Jedlicka Performing Arts Center is at 3801 S. Central Ave. Performances begin at 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and 3 p.m. Sundays, through Sept. 28. Tickets cost $17, $15 for seniors.
For more information, contact www.jpactheatre.com or 708-656-1800.
More Theater News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: Cook County events, March 7 to 16
- High school youth from Bartlett, Wayne, West Chicago to appear in 'Oklahoma!' in South Elgin
- Planit 5: Cook County events, Feb. 27 to March 22
- Check out select events in Planit 5 from Willowbrook, Clarendon Hills, Hinsdale, Oak Brook, Lombard