West End Art Festival to color La Grange with expanded palette of entertainment
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The West End Art Festival returning to La Grange this weekend has broadened in scope. Chefs' culinary demos and performing arts add spice to the annual event, showing works by 50 juried artists from across the U.S., plus hands-on activities for children, presented by the La Grange Business Association and village.
New will be Performing Arts Day on Saturday, with live performances by dance, theater and music groups, and The Art of Food, featuring Sunday demonstrations by culinary artists from prasino, Sushi House, Isn’t That Sweet Bakery and other eateries.
Artwork will be available in a variety of mediums, including painting, acrylics, oils, sculpture, woodwork, jewelry, photography, watercolor and mixed media.
Patrons can contribute their talents to a community mural organized by Bottle and Bottega that will find a permanent home in La Grange.
The festival is set along Burlington Avenue between Brainard and Waiola avenues from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15. Admission is free, with details at lgba.com.
Check the website at lgba.com to learn about a prelude Friday night event with jazz and food.
More Concerts News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Sept. 18 to Oct. 25
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Sept. 19 to Oct. 12
- Soul singer Jesse Dee to star at FitzGerald's in Berwyn
- Reunion announced for Lyons Township 1970s graduates
- Peter Lipari to conduct West Suburban Symphony in Westmont
- Live at the Zoo promises 'wild' time at Cosley Zoo in Wheaton
- Beethoven to power season launch by Elgin Symphony Orchestra
- Chef Shangri-La to stage Fong Music Fest in North Riverside with Elvis and eight bands
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Sept. 12 to 21