Painter to give demonstration for Lemont Artists Guild
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
A demonstration in drawing with charcoal will be presented by award-winning artist Robert Pennor, when the Lemont Artists Guild meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18, in the Lemont Public Library, 50 E. Wend St.
Pennor is a member of Oil Painters of America and the American Impressionist Society. View his many painting styles on his website at www.robertpennorgallery.com. He teaches at the DuPage Art League in Wheaton, and is represented by the Brigantine Art Gallery in Downers Grove.
If possible, bring a charcoal paper pad, drawing board, kneaded eraser, and charcoal pencils in medium, soft and hard.
About the artist
After graduating from the Art Institute of Boston with a degree in illustration, he worked as a graphic designer for an aerospace company and for an advertising agency in Connecticut. His desire to draw and paint gave him the drive to become an advertising illustrator. During that period of time, he also did illustrations of buildings for architectural firms.
A variety of paintbrushes and palette knives are used in his creative pieces. He works mostly in oil and acrylic paints. Pennor paints with a sense of adventure by making creative adjustments in his landscapes, and also is known for his cityscapes that represent Chicago and surrounding cities.
The public is welcome to attend the program, with a donation for the local food pantry appreciated.
Refreshments will be served. For more information, call guild President Liz Popp at 815-341-1145. Visit www.lemontartistsguild.org.
More Art News
- McAninch Arts Center to present Sones de Mexico in West Chicago
- Bloomingdale artists group offers silk painting class with Rhonda Popko
- Wildlife to inspire drawing class for kids at Mayslake in Oak Brook
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events, March 7 to 30
- ClaySpace to shape ceramic classes, summer camp in Lisle
- 'Night Owl Ball' to take wing as benefit at Hilton for Willowbrook Wildlife Center in Glen Ellyn
- Planit 5: Cook County events, Feb. 27 to March 22
- Check out select events in Planit 5 from Willowbrook, Clarendon Hills, Hinsdale, Oak Brook, Lombard
- Reception planned by Elmhurst Artists’ Guild for Bret Steinhaus exhibit