Gallery 200 opens exhibit by Marge Hall students
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
A body of work consisting of paintings by more than a dozen students of artist Marge Hall of Winfield will be on exhibit from now to Sept. 29, at Gallery 200, 200 Main St., West Chicago. The students are participants in her adult oil painting classes held at the DuPage Art League in Wheaton.
Hall is an original member artist of Gallery 200. She is well-known for her larger-than-life, photorealistic oil paintings of flowers. An extension of her passion for painting is her love of teaching.
“People ask me all the time how to paint flowers," she said. "But that’s not what I teach. I teach how to paint.”
Her classes include beginners through advanced students, and her philosophy is to instruct each student to paint at their own pace and develop their own style. Her classes run the gamut of subject matter, and she encourages her students to participate in exhibits regardless of their skill level.
“I want them to get their art on the walls,” Hall said.
Students participating in the exhibit will be primarily from the Monday afternoon class. According to Hall, the students have made remarkable advancements in their skills, and she attributes this to the students’ continued commitment to the class.
“Even if they don’t have anything to paint, I think they’d come to the class anyway," she said. "We’ve become like family.”
Hall’s history with the DuPage Art League began after she enrolled in an abstract art class as a creative outlet when her children were young. She was subsequently asked to teach, and has been active there as an instructor since 1970, and chairs the Exhibit Committee.
Gallery 200 is open from noon to 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday; and noon to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. For more information, including a complete list of current art classes, call 630-293-9550 or visit www.gallery200.org.
More Lifestyle News
- Elmhurst Garden Club to set February abloom with early valentine program
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Jan. 21 to April 5
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Oak Brook Hills Resort books helicopter rides for high-flying valentine's package
- 'Pack the Place' dinner set by Glenbard West Boosters
- Enchanted Railroad chugs into Morton Arboretum with new look
- Whole Foods Market in Hinsdale to present wellness events, fashion
- ‘Woods Walk’ photo contest winners named