Riverside Arts Center exhibit to explore surreal vision
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
"New Kingdoms," an exhibition of photography and sculpture by Alison Carey, will be on exhibit through Oct. 5 in the Riverside Arts Center Freeark Gallery. An opening reception is planned from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8.
A photography professor, she is known for her biomorphic constructions – elaborately staged dioramas populated by figurative inventions. Her surreal works tweak a fascination with the grotesque, while raising questions about viability, sustainability, invention, the dangers and responsibilities of creation, and the relationship between strangeness and beauty.
Gallery hours are 1 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 32 E. Quincy St., Riverside.
Admission is free. For more information, contact 708-442-6400 or www.riversideartscenter.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Waterleaf to uncork Dutton-Goldfield wine dinner in Glen Ellyn
- Earth Day Fest, Market near
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Mystery Diner: Pizzeria da Nella imports big flavor of Naples
- Dream gardens to take shape at Morton Arboretum Arbor Day Plant Sale in Lisle
- CRITIC’S CHOICE: Superb ‘Les Miz’ scales the heights at Drury Lane
- TOM’S COOKBOOK LIBRARY: Getting to the heart of Italian cookery
- Suburban Life announces winners of best pizza contest
- Jenny Riddle to mix stories and song in Wheaton cabaret show
- 'Recycling Extravaganza' nears at Fullersburg Woods in Oak Brook