Riverside Arts Center exhibit to explore surreal vision
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
"New Kingdoms," an exhibition of photography and sculpture by Alison Carey, will be on exhibit through Oct. 5 in the Riverside Arts Center Freeark Gallery. An opening reception is planned from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8.
A photography professor, she is known for her biomorphic constructions – elaborately staged dioramas populated by figurative inventions. Her surreal works tweak a fascination with the grotesque, while raising questions about viability, sustainability, invention, the dangers and responsibilities of creation, and the relationship between strangeness and beauty.
Gallery hours are 1 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 32 E. Quincy St., Riverside.
Admission is free. For more information, contact 708-442-6400 or www.riversideartscenter.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Registration underway for violin competition in Clarendon Hills
- Holiday Bazaar & Ladies Night Out set at White Pines in Bensenville
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Nov. 26 to Jan. 4
- Planit 5: Cook events: Nov. 25 to Jan. 4
- Theatre of Western Springs to present ‘Santaland Diaries’