Holiday weekend to feature Civil War Encampment in Oak Brook
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Step straight into historic action at Graue Mill in Oak Brook, transformed into a Union military camp from the Civil War era for the Labor Day weekend. It unfolds from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, and Sunday, Sept. 1
Reenactors of the 10th Illinois regiment in authentic uniforms will perform black powder firing demonstrations and other military drills. Their family members take part for an accurate depiction of the war, from meal preparation to battle.
Regular admission is charged. Graue Mill and Museum will be open from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays until Nov. 10, and Labor Day, at 3800 York Road. For more information, contact www.grauemill.org or 630-655-2090.
More Family Fun News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- 'Vicki Lawrence and Mama: A Two-Woman Show' to play Paramount
- Glen Ellyn Library offers playful 'Swinging Thru the Stacks' benefit
- Albright Theatre to stage 'The Mousetrap'