Folk musician Mark Dvorak to lead open mic in Glen Ellyn
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Noted folksinger and songwriter Mark Dvorak of Riverside will be the featured performer and host at Glen Ellyn Public Library’s Open Mic. The event is planned Wednesday evening, Sept. 4, at Honey Modern Comfort Café in Glen Ellyn.
Signup starts at 6:30 p.m., with the first performance at 7 p.m. Each performer will be allotted a 10-minute slot. Dvorak will perform a 30-minute set during the evening.
The café is at 499 Main St., and can be reached at 630-469-0000 or www.honeycafe.net.
Dvorak, who was named "Chicago's Troubadour" by WFMT 98.7 fm fine arts radio last year, has sustained a career of performing, recording and teaching that has spanned more than 25 years. He has performed in 36 states and several countries abroad with only his guitar, five-string banjo and his songs.
His songwriting has been called "wondrous" and "profound." His most recent release, "Time Ain't Got Nothin' On Me," has received rave reviews and airplay nationwide. Learn more about the artist and his music at markdvorak.com.
More Music News
- Special Consensus to bring bluegrass to FitzGerald's in Berwyn
- Fox Valley Arts Hall of Fame Banquet nears in Bartlett; names new inductees
- Levi Weaver concert tour to lead to Naperville venue
- Musicians to headline family friendly lineup at Elmhurst bookstore
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Soli Deo Gloria of Glen Ellyn brings Bach's 'St. Matthew Passion' to Blu-ray
- Grove Players to bring 'Cabaret' to Downers Grove stage
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events, April 18 to May 4
- Planit 5: Cook County events, April 18 to May 10
- Bethel Church to present Messiaen's 'Quartet for the End of Time' on Good Friday