Collage artists exhibit works at Mayslake in Oak Brook
By Suburban Life Media
The Midwest Collage Society describes its new exhibit as provocative, evocative and sublime. Titled “Reclamation,” it is on display through Sept. 10 at Mayslake Peabody Estate in Oak Brook. “Reclamation” explores recovering what has been surrendered or lost, saving something abandoned or neglected, and redemption.
The theme plays throughout the exhibit. Using more than paint to communicate, the artists weave a tapestry of papers, photographs, found objects, fibers and other mixed-media techniques to create a visual exploration of salvation.
The Midwest Collage Society is known for contemporary interpretation of collage, and during its 10 years as a group, has expanded the representation into mixed media, fiber arts and assemblage.
Mayslake Peabody Estate is at 1717 W. 31st St. The society has 60 members living across the suburbs, including La Grange, Hinsdale and La Grange Park.
Admission to view the show is free from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays. Visit www.mayslakepeabody.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Elmhurst Garden Club to set February abloom with early valentine program
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Jan. 21 to April 5
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Oak Brook Hills Resort books helicopter rides for high-flying valentine's package
- 'Pack the Place' dinner set by Glenbard West Boosters
- Enchanted Railroad chugs into Morton Arboretum with new look
- Whole Foods Market in Hinsdale to present wellness events, fashion
- ‘Woods Walk’ photo contest winners named