Collage artists exhibit works at Mayslake in Oak Brook
By Suburban Life Media
The Midwest Collage Society describes its new exhibit as provocative, evocative and sublime. Titled “Reclamation,” it is on display through Sept. 10 at Mayslake Peabody Estate in Oak Brook. “Reclamation” explores recovering what has been surrendered or lost, saving something abandoned or neglected, and redemption.
The theme plays throughout the exhibit. Using more than paint to communicate, the artists weave a tapestry of papers, photographs, found objects, fibers and other mixed-media techniques to create a visual exploration of salvation.
The Midwest Collage Society is known for contemporary interpretation of collage, and during its 10 years as a group, has expanded the representation into mixed media, fiber arts and assemblage.
Mayslake Peabody Estate is at 1717 W. 31st St. The society has 60 members living across the suburbs, including La Grange, Hinsdale and La Grange Park.
Admission to view the show is free from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays. Visit www.mayslakepeabody.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events, Aug. 29 to Sept. 6
- Hinsdale Furriers’ This Old Fur reopens for business
- Men sought to join ranks of Chorus of DuPage
- Kids safety event headed to DuPage Children's Museum
- Family 'Night Hike' to be capped by 'S’more-gasbord' in Oak Brook