'Next to Normal' musical drama plays Drury Lane Theatre
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Only eight musicals have ever won a Pulitzer Prize for drama, and Drury Lane Theatre presents the regional premiere of one: “Next to Normal.” Featured in the role of Diana is Susie McMonagle, who starred as Fantine in “Les Miserables” on Broadway. It started previews last week, and opens officially today, continuing to Oct. 6.
More than 30 original pop-rock songs power one family’s unflinching, authentic and ultimately hopeful journey through the trials and tribulations of modern life. The Tony Award-winning show has adult content.
"Next to Normal" also stars Jeff Award winner Rod Thomas as Dan. The production is directed by Drury Lane Theatre Artistic Director William Osetek.
Performances are offered Wednesdays to Sundays at 100 Drury Lane, Oakbrook Terrace. Tickets cost $35 to $49, with lunch and dinner packages available. For ticket information, contact 630-530-0111 or www.drurylane.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Boy Scouts prepare for holiday wreath sale in Wheaton
- Gallery 200 offers jewelry making event in West Chicago
- 'Illumination' about to shine at Morton Arboretum in Lisle
- Planit 5: South DuPage and Will county events, Nov. 21 to Jan. 3
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Nov. 21 to Jan. 3