'Next to Normal' musical drama plays Drury Lane Theatre
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Only eight musicals have ever won a Pulitzer Prize for drama, and Drury Lane Theatre presents the regional premiere of one: “Next to Normal.” Featured in the role of Diana is Susie McMonagle, who starred as Fantine in “Les Miserables” on Broadway. It started previews last week, and opens officially today, continuing to Oct. 6.
More than 30 original pop-rock songs power one family’s unflinching, authentic and ultimately hopeful journey through the trials and tribulations of modern life. The Tony Award-winning show has adult content.
"Next to Normal" also stars Jeff Award winner Rod Thomas as Dan. The production is directed by Drury Lane Theatre Artistic Director William Osetek.
Performances are offered Wednesdays to Sundays at 100 Drury Lane, Oakbrook Terrace. Tickets cost $35 to $49, with lunch and dinner packages available. For ticket information, contact 630-530-0111 or www.drurylane.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Tom’s Cookbook Library: Mom’s apple pie a memory-jogger
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events, Aug. 29 to Sept. 6
- Hinsdale Furriers’ This Old Fur reopens for business
- Men sought to join ranks of Chorus of DuPage
- Kids safety event headed to DuPage Children's Museum
- Family 'Night Hike' to be capped by 'S’more-gasbord' in Oak Brook
- Summer in bloom at forest preserve prairies in Glen Ellyn, West Chicago, Darien
- Square dancing open house to swing into Lombard
- Film society to bring Roger Ebert documentary to Tivoli Theatre in Downers Grove