'Next to Normal' musical drama plays Drury Lane Theatre
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Only eight musicals have ever won a Pulitzer Prize for drama, and Drury Lane Theatre presents the regional premiere of one: “Next to Normal.” Featured in the role of Diana is Susie McMonagle, who starred as Fantine in “Les Miserables” on Broadway. It started previews last week, and opens officially today, continuing to Oct. 6.
More than 30 original pop-rock songs power one family’s unflinching, authentic and ultimately hopeful journey through the trials and tribulations of modern life. The Tony Award-winning show has adult content.
"Next to Normal" also stars Jeff Award winner Rod Thomas as Dan. The production is directed by Drury Lane Theatre Artistic Director William Osetek.
Performances are offered Wednesdays to Sundays at 100 Drury Lane, Oakbrook Terrace. Tickets cost $35 to $49, with lunch and dinner packages available. For ticket information, contact 630-530-0111 or www.drurylane.com.
More Lifestyle News
- DuPage County gears up for 5K to fight breast cancer
- Ladies' Night Out festivities near
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- National Museum gem curator to speak at Lizzadro Museum in Elmhurst
- Fine Line's 'Uncommon Threads' wearable art show luncheon nears