Expert to give parenting seminar in Wheaton
By Suburban Life Media
All children hit that age when you aren’t exactly sure how to deal with them. To answer the questions, Thomas Phelan presents "1-2-3 MAGIC, a Parenting Seminar," on better understanding and disciplining children ages 2 to12. The lecture is offered from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, presented by the Wheaton Park District.
An expert on parenting and Attention Deficit Disorder, he appears frequently on radio and television. Phelan will outline steps to discipline kids without yelling, arguing or spanking, and will cover such topics as chores, practicing, homework, messy rooms and lying.
Child care is provided by Kidz Kingdom for $6 per child age 14 and younger.
The program will be held in the Community Center, 1777 S. Blanchard Road, Wheaton. The seminar cost is $19 per person. To register, visit www.wheatonparkdistrict.com. For more information, call 630-690-4880.
More Lifestyle News
- Tom’s Cookbook Library: Mom’s apple pie a memory-jogger
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events, Aug. 29 to Sept. 6
- Hinsdale Furriers’ This Old Fur reopens for business
- Men sought to join ranks of Chorus of DuPage
- Kids safety event headed to DuPage Children's Museum
- Family 'Night Hike' to be capped by 'S’more-gasbord' in Oak Brook
- Summer in bloom at forest preserve prairies in Glen Ellyn, West Chicago, Darien
- Square dancing open house to swing into Lombard
- Film society to bring Roger Ebert documentary to Tivoli Theatre in Downers Grove
- Planit 5: Cook County events: Aug. 21 to 24