Gemstone artist to lecture at Lizzadro Museum in Elmhurst
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The exhibit "Stone Inspirations: The Lapidary Art of Derek Levin" includes a lecture by Levin on his process for choosing and cutting stones, his penchant for creating impermanent compositions with gemstones, and his inspiration for creating lapidary art. The exhibit runs through Sept. 15 at Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art in Elmhurst.
His works are made by juxtaposing found stones, cut, carved and faceted gemstones and other natural materials to create a whimsical world of re-arrangeable works of art.
His lecture is offered from 2 to 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, in the museum at 220 S. Cottage Hill Ave. It's included with $5 museum admission for adults, $4 for seniors, with reservations recommended. For more information, contact www.lizzadromuseum.org or 630-833-1616.
More Art News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Pop art with attitude on exhibit in Elmhurst Artists' Guild Gallery
- 'Wonderful and Wearable' art adorns gallery in West Chicago
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, Dec. 6 to mid-month
- Workshops to debut for LEGO week