Gemstone artist to lecture at Lizzadro Museum in Elmhurst
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The exhibit "Stone Inspirations: The Lapidary Art of Derek Levin" includes a lecture by Levin on his process for choosing and cutting stones, his penchant for creating impermanent compositions with gemstones, and his inspiration for creating lapidary art. The exhibit runs through Sept. 15 at Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art in Elmhurst.
His works are made by juxtaposing found stones, cut, carved and faceted gemstones and other natural materials to create a whimsical world of re-arrangeable works of art.
His lecture is offered from 2 to 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, in the museum at 220 S. Cottage Hill Ave. It's included with $5 museum admission for adults, $4 for seniors, with reservations recommended. For more information, contact www.lizzadromuseum.org or 630-833-1616.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Cantigny 5K to support homeless veterans
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Oct. 23 to 31
- Planit 5: Cook County events: Oct. 23 to Nov. 8
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Deadline nears for Cantigny in Focus photo contest
- Otis Wilson to lead fundraiser for Payton Scholarship Fund at Famous Dave's in Bolingbrook
- Secrets to orchid success on tap in Bloomingdale
- Elmhurst Art Museum installation casts fresh eye on Mies van der Rohe site
- Trick-or-treat comic book giveaway to draw fans
- Trick-or-treating and costume contest to roll into Pinstripes