Andy's to celebrate National Frozen Custard Day with 50-cent cones
By Suburban Life Media
The month of August is chock full of national food holidays, including something special for frozen custard fans. This week, the day to circle on the calendar is Thursday, Aug. 8, when Andy's Frozen Custard welcomes National Frozen Custard Day with 50 cent cones at its three area locations, including 260 S. Weber Road, Bolingbrook.
They will be offered from dawn until dusk with no limit on the chocolate or vanilla frozen confections.
“ We think offering cones for 50 cents is the perfect way to celebrate National Frozen Custard Day,” said Andy Kuntz, president of Andy’s Frozen Custard. “We see a lot of smiles and happy, satisfied customers in our shops throughout the year, and we hope to break the record on Aug. 8.”
Andy’s Frozen Custard also will celebrate National Frozen Custard Day on its Facebook page, www.facebook.com/AndysFrozenCustard, where Andy’s fans can win a variety of frozen custard treats and gift cards.
“ For frozen custard fans, National Frozen Custard Day is the bomb,” Kuntz said. “And for those that have never tasted frozen custard, Aug. 8 is the ideal time to visit Andy’s and discover our delicious, freshly made treat.”
The other two area locations are at 719 Church St. in Evanston, and 9507 S. Cicero Ave. in Oak Lawn. For additional information, visit www.eatandys.com.
Andy's Frozen Custard began in Osage Beach, Mo., in 1986, when John and Carol Kuntz embarked on a new frozen custard endeavor. The couple opened up their first store in Springfield, Mo., where their son, Andy, worked long hours learning the business from the ground up.
Andy's Frozen Custard is made fresh hourly. There now are locations in Missouri, Arkansas, Illinois, Oklahoma and Texas .
For more information and hours of operation, visit www.eatandys.com .
More Food & Drink News
- Choirs to join Elgin Symphony Orchestra in 'Beethoven Inspired'
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: Cook County events, March 7 to 16
- Lecture on Carl Sandburg, special events set by Elmhurst Historical Museum
- Mystery Diner: Omega Restaurant prepares favorites to the letter in Downers Grove
- Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant plans benefit tapping party in Bolingbrook
- Bakeries to prepare paczki to sweeten Mardi Gras in Villa Park and beyond
- Planit Wine Club: 2011 Gschweicher Klassik Grüner Veltliner
- 'Night Owl Ball' to take wing as benefit at Hilton for Willowbrook Wildlife Center in Glen Ellyn
- Music notes: 'Downton Abbey' tea benefit and open house set by Elgin Youth Symphony Orchestra