Reception to launch illustration exhibit at Kosart Gallery in Westmont
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Kosart Effects Studios & Gallery in Westmont presents an opening reception from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 2, for an exhibit by 20 graduates who just received their bachelor of fine arts degrees in illustration from the American Academy of Art in Chicago. The 2013 Illustration BFA Show is announced by J. Anthony Kosar of Lisle, who recently won the Syfy channel's "Face Off" competition.
The exhibit is on display until Aug. 23 at Kosart Effects Studios & Gallery, 760 Burr Oak Drive. After tonight's opening, it will be open by appointment only, by calling 630-310-8353. For information on the American Academy of Art, visit www.aaart.edu.
Kosar, an award-winning artist, launched his company Kosart Effects Studios, dedicated to fine art, illustration, graphic design, storyboards, concept art, sculpture, creature FX, special FX make-up, masks and props.
Kosar will teach the following courses:
Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 17 and 18
Enroll by Aug. 12
• Airbrush FX
Aug. 24 and 25
Enroll by Aug. 12
• Art of Make-Up FX
Saturdays, Sept 21, 28, Oct. 19, 26
Enroll by Sept. 9
• Art of Mask Making
Sundays,Sept 22, 29, Oct. 20, 27
Enroll by Sept. 22
• Maquette Sculpting
Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 7, 8, 14, 16
Enroll by Nov. 25
For more on the classes, visit www.kosartatelier.com. Check out the studio at www.kosarteffects.com and the gallery at www.kosartgallery.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Earth Day Fest, Market near
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Mystery Diner: Pizzeria da Nella imports big flavor of Naples
- Dream gardens to take shape at Morton Arboretum Arbor Day Plant Sale in Lisle
- CRITIC’S CHOICE: Superb ‘Les Miz’ scales the heights at Drury Lane
- TOM’S COOKBOOK LIBRARY: Getting to the heart of Italian cookery
- Suburban Life announces winners of best pizza contest
- Jenny Riddle to mix stories and song in Wheaton cabaret show
- 'Recycling Extravaganza' nears at Fullersburg Woods in Oak Brook
- Cooking class, bake sale in Wheaton to celebrate Turkish cuisine