Reception to launch illustration exhibit at Kosart Gallery in Westmont
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Kosart Effects Studios & Gallery in Westmont presents an opening reception from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 2, for an exhibit by 20 graduates who just received their bachelor of fine arts degrees in illustration from the American Academy of Art in Chicago. The 2013 Illustration BFA Show is announced by J. Anthony Kosar of Lisle, who recently won the Syfy channel's "Face Off" competition.
The exhibit is on display until Aug. 23 at Kosart Effects Studios & Gallery, 760 Burr Oak Drive. After tonight's opening, it will be open by appointment only, by calling 630-310-8353. For information on the American Academy of Art, visit www.aaart.edu.
Kosar, an award-winning artist, launched his company Kosart Effects Studios, dedicated to fine art, illustration, graphic design, storyboards, concept art, sculpture, creature FX, special FX make-up, masks and props.
Kosar will teach the following courses:
Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 17 and 18
Enroll by Aug. 12
• Airbrush FX
Aug. 24 and 25
Enroll by Aug. 12
• Art of Make-Up FX
Saturdays, Sept 21, 28, Oct. 19, 26
Enroll by Sept. 9
• Art of Mask Making
Sundays,Sept 22, 29, Oct. 20, 27
Enroll by Sept. 22
• Maquette Sculpting
Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 7, 8, 14, 16
Enroll by Nov. 25
For more on the classes, visit www.kosartatelier.com. Check out the studio at www.kosarteffects.com and the gallery at www.kosartgallery.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Elmhurst Garden Club to set February abloom with early valentine program
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Jan. 21 to April 5
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Oak Brook Hills Resort books helicopter rides for high-flying valentine's package
- 'Pack the Place' dinner set by Glenbard West Boosters
- Enchanted Railroad chugs into Morton Arboretum with new look
- Whole Foods Market in Hinsdale to present wellness events, fashion
- ‘Woods Walk’ photo contest winners named