Reception to launch exhibit by members of Elmhurst Artists' Guild
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Sixty artists display work in the Summer Member Show presented by the Elmhurst Artists' Guild, where a reception is planned Friday evening. The EAG gallery at the Elmhurst Art Museum will include landscapes, portraits and abstract works, most for sale. A portion of the proceeds benefit EAG and the Elmhurst Art Museum.
The organization notes that most EAG members work professionally in the art world.
Elmhurst artists Jim Dahle and Terry Johnson are just two of the members featured. Dahle's mixed-media oil painting, titled "Don't Leave Thirsty," features zebras in duplication. Johnson's colorful acrylic painting is titled "It's Still Rock 'N' Roll to Me (Side B)."
A reception for the exhibit is planned from 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 2, at 150 S. Cottage Hill Ave. The show will run from now through Sept. 6, and can be viewed during regular museum hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and Saturday; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday; and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
Admission is free every Friday. Regular admission costs $5 for adults, $3 for seniors and students. It's always free to children younger than 12. Visit www.elmhurstartistsguild.org. for more information.
More Lifestyle News
- Elmhurst Garden Club to set February abloom with early valentine program
- Golf fitness workshops near at Cantigny in Wheaton
- DuPage Woodworkers club to welcome guests to Glen Ellyn gathering
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage county events, Jan. 21 to April 5
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Oak Brook Hills Resort books helicopter rides for high-flying valentine's package
- 'Pack the Place' dinner set by Glenbard West Boosters
- Enchanted Railroad chugs into Morton Arboretum with new look
- Whole Foods Market in Hinsdale to present wellness events, fashion
- ‘Woods Walk’ photo contest winners named