Lemonade campaign at Corner Bakery Cafe to help fight childhood hunger
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
A charitable event is part of Corner Bakery Cafe's introduction of a fresh taste of summer with the launch of a new Hibiscus Lemonade, in addition to its all-natural Old-Fashioned Lemonade. The fundraising promotion features the summertime refreshments in special-edition tumblers to support Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign.
The eatery said the Old-Fashioned Lemonade has a classic lemon taste, while the Hibiscus Lemonade is made with a blend of pomegranate, berries, lemons and a touch of hibiscus. Both new beverages are all natural and fat free.
From now to Sept. 30, guests who order the beverages can help end childhood hunger in America. As part of its commitment to No Kid Hungry, Corner Bakery Cafe offers the opportunity to purchase a special, 16-ounce tumbler for $4.99. One dollar from each tumbler purchase can help the No Kid Hungry campaign connect children in need to up to 10 meals. Guests who purchase the new, custom-designed tumblers will receive lemonade refills for $1 on returning visits through September, with 10 percent of the proceeds also going toward No Kid Hungry.
For the past five years, Corner Bakery Cafe has partnered with Share Our Strength, an organization working to end childhood hunger in the United States. This year, Corner Bakery Cafe expects to surpass $1 million in total contributions to the organization.
For more information or to locate a nearby Corner Bakery Cafe, visit www.cornerbakerycafe.com. To learn about Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign, go to www.NoKidHungry.org.
More Food & Drink News
- St. Joseph Table nears at Christ the King Parish in Lombard
- Choirs to join Elgin Symphony Orchestra in 'Beethoven Inspired'
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: Cook County events, March 7 to 16
- Lecture on Carl Sandburg, special events set by Elmhurst Historical Museum
- Mystery Diner: Omega Restaurant prepares favorites to the letter in Downers Grove
- Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant plans benefit tapping party in Bolingbrook
- Bakeries to prepare paczki to sweeten Mardi Gras in Villa Park and beyond
- Planit Wine Club: 2011 Gschweicher Klassik Grüner Veltliner
- 'Night Owl Ball' to take wing as benefit at Hilton for Willowbrook Wildlife Center in Glen Ellyn