Big Guys Sausage Stand to throw anniversary block party
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Registration for contests is already underway for the block party planned by Big Guys Sausage Stand to celebrate its first anniversary in Berwyn.
The event begins at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 10, and runs until 2 a.m. at 7021 Roosevelt Road.
Big Guys Sausage Stand, known for its wide variety of homemade sausages and fan-favorite daily specials, will host a block party featuring local music, contests, kids' games, a movie and lots of food. Admission is free.
Local celebrity Ted Brunson will act as master of ceremonies.
• Food: All of the eatery's classic menu items plus free hot dogs for kids and an outdoor deep-fried dessert station
• Music: Uptown Mayhem (rock), Wes Chichosz (rock), Abraham Mellish Jr.(reggae, soul), Ryan Anderson of Go Long Mule (folk/rock), and School of Rock of Oak Park doing instrument demonstrations for kids
• Drink: Beverage specials from the 12th Street Rag
• Movie: Once it gets dark, they will project “The Blues Brothers” on the east wall
• Bags tournament: Starts at 3 p.m., offering prizes for winners and free admission
• Chicago style hot dog eating contest: Starts at 5 p.m., and costs $10 to enter, with prizes in the offing
To enter the bags and hot dog eating contests, email firstname.lastname@example.org, including name, team name and contact phone number.
For more information, call 708-317-5213. Visit www.bigguyssausage.com.
More Family Fun News
- 'Vicki Lawrence and Mama: A Two-Woman Show' to play Paramount
- Glen Ellyn Library offers playful 'Swinging Thru the Stacks' benefit
- Albright Theatre to stage 'The Mousetrap'
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events: Jan. 22 to Feb. 28
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- 'Pack the Place' dinner set by Glenbard West Boosters
- Enchanted Railroad chugs into Morton Arboretum with new look
- Door County fish boil to flavor FitzGerald's shows by Switchback and Julian Hagen
- Radio reenactment troupe performs ‘The Great Radio Detectives’ at Oak Park Arms
- Classic Cinemas presents 'Predict the Oscars' contest