Theatre of Western Springs delivers tasty prelude to coming season
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
As the creative forces behind Theatre of Western Springs look ahead to launching the 85th season with the troupe's 500th production, they share a little seen-and-be-seen from its recent "Taste of the Arts" benefit. Sampling cuisine from 11 area restaurants and food vendors, more than 270 guests from across the suburbs attended the seventh annual fundraiser held July 20 at the theater.
Chaired by Martha Niles of Chicago, the event netted $22,000 for the Theatre of Western Springs and the Children’s Theatre of Western Springs.
“We had great weather this year,” said Jennifer Jermano Miller of Indian Head Park, chairwoman of the TWS board of governors. “Many guests relaxed at tables and chairs on the large patio in front of the theater or under the tents. In addition, TWS actors and actresses worked the event to ensure a successful evening.”
• Events by Tommy R’s, Hinsdale
• Davanti Enoteca, Western Springs
• Café Salsa, Countryside
• Mécénat Bistro, Western Springs
• The Chew Chew, Riverside
• Emilio’s Tapas, Hillside
• Now Serving Cafe, La Grange
• On the Scene Cuisine
• Whole Foods Market, Hinsdale
• Tate’s Ice Cream, La Grange
• Isn’t That Sweet, La Grange
The silent auction, chaired by Sandra Rasnak of Hinsdale and Stephanie Stomberg of Western Springs, was chock full of luxury items. One of the best was an instant wine cellar valued at $650. One of the most interesting live auction items was an autographed Styx guitar. The auctioneer was actor Harry Hultgren of La Grange, and he, along with co-chair Lori D’Asta of La Grange, participated in several vignettes.
In addition, pre-event exterior landscaping was a generous gift from Steve and Lauren Goodwin of Western Springs.
Theatre of Western Springs will begin its 85th season with “Slaughterhouse - Five,” by Eric Simonson from the novel by Kurt Vonnegut and directed by Artistic Director Rick Snyder, longtime Steppenwolf member. The play opens Thursday, Sept. 5, for a two-week run.
Be part of TWS
To join the theater, either to act or work behind the scenes or in both realms, call Joan Szeremeta at 708-246-4043. Visit www.theatreofwesternsprings.com.
More Theater News
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: Cook County events, March 7 to 16
- High school youth from Bartlett, Wayne, West Chicago to appear in 'Oklahoma!' in South Elgin
- Planit 5: Cook County events, Feb. 27 to March 22
- Check out select events in Planit 5 from Willowbrook, Clarendon Hills, Hinsdale, Oak Brook, Lombard