Comfort Food duo to lead open mic in Glen Ellyn
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The folk duo Comfort Food will be the featured performers and hosts at Glen Ellyn Public Library’s open mic on Wednesday evening, Aug. 7, at Honey Modern Comfort Café. Comfort Food will play a 30-minute set during the evening. Sign-up starts at 6:30 p.m., with the first performance beginning at 7 p.m. Each act will be allotted a 10-minute slot.
The café at 499 Main St., Glen Ellyn, can be reached at 630-469-0000 or www.honeycafe.net.
About the duo
Three weeks after they met, Rich and Vicki Ingle performed together for the first time in Sandwich, at the Village Square open mic. That night Comfort Food was born. They spent the following years practicing, writing songs and performing together. Their self-titled CD, "Comfort Food," was released in 2010. They're at work now on a new recording.
Vicki has been active in the music scene in Illinois since the early 1980s. She sings, writes and plays guitar, fiddle or bass on music that spans a variety of musical styles, including bluegrass, folk, country and blues, as well as her original compositions.
Rich is a singer-songwriter deeply rooted in the Chicago folk scene, and at home with a dose of storytelling to accompany his rhythm guitar. His songs savor and satirize life in and around the second city. A product of the 1970s coffeehouse scene, his songwriting suggests the influence of folk favorites John Prine and Steve Goodman
To learn more about the artists, visit www.comfortfoodmusic.com.
More Music News
- Special Consensus to bring bluegrass to FitzGerald's in Berwyn
- Fox Valley Arts Hall of Fame Banquet nears in Bartlett; names new inductees
- Levi Weaver concert tour to lead to Naperville venue
- Musicians to headline family friendly lineup at Elmhurst bookstore
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Soli Deo Gloria of Glen Ellyn brings Bach's 'St. Matthew Passion' to Blu-ray
- Grove Players to bring 'Cabaret' to Downers Grove stage
- Planit 5: Central and Northwest DuPage events, April 18 to May 4
- Planit 5: Cook County events, April 18 to May 10
- Bethel Church to present Messiaen's 'Quartet for the End of Time' on Good Friday