'Sharknado' about to camp out at Warrenville movie theater
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
The new cult hit "Sharknado" is about to land in a movie theater near you for a late night Friday showing in Warrenville. Fathom Events and The Asylum will present the movie at select theaters nationwide. The screening actually begins at 12:05 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, but it's billed as an Aug. 2 midnight show.
In addition to viewing the big-screen presentation of the movie starring Ian Ziering, Tara Reid, John Heard and Casie Scerbo, cinema audiences will be treated to never-before-seen footage including a behind-the-scenes featurette and a gag reel.
For horror fans who've missed the "Sharknado" storm of publicity, Wikipedia notes it's a made-for-television disaster film about a waterspout that lifts sharks out of the ocean and deposits them in Los Angeles. It first aired on the Syfy channel earlier this month.
In the western suburbs, it will be shown at the Regal Cantera 17 with RPX, 28250 Diehl Road.
To buy tickets, visit http://shawurl.com/ozg.
More Movies News
- Planit 5: East and Northeast DuPage events, April 12 to May 30
- Christie's director to discuss Liz Taylor's jewelry at Lizzadro Museum in Elmhurst
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Fitness, art, book and film to be part of celebration at Villa Park Library
- Earth Day Film Festival in Romeoville to be part of forest preserve Earth Month