Dogs to get their day at Cantigny
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Cantigny Park will host its fifth annual “Dog Days” from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, in Wheaton. It’s the one day each year when guests and their pets are invited to enjoy the park together.
The festival-style event will feature the Bark Park, an off-leash dog play area, plus shows and demonstrations by specially trained animals. Spectator favorites will include the high-flying dogs of the Windy City K-9 Disc Club.
Additional attractions and activities include:
• Agility demonstrations
• Dog rescue organizations and animal shelters
• On-site adoption services
• “Stuff a Dog” craft for kids ($5)
• More than 70 nonprofit organizations and commercial vendors
Pet owners will be free to walk their leashed dogs throughout Cantigny’s grounds during the event. Visiting dogs must have current vaccination tags and be social with others.
Admission to Dogs Days is free with paid parking of $5 per vehicle. Cantigny Park is open every day during summer from 7 a.m. to dusk. A complete schedule of concerts, workshops and special events is posted online at www.cantigny.org. Annual memberships starting at $50 include unlimited free parking and other benefits.
About Cantigny Park
Part of the nonprofit Robert R. McCormick Foundations, Cantigny Park is the 500-acre estate of Robert R. McCormick (1880-1955), longtime editor and publisher in Chicago. It is home to 30 acres of gardens, the Robert R. McCormick Museum, the First Division Museum and a 27-hole championship golf course.
It's also is a destination for special events, weddings, concerts, lectures, workshops and other recreation and learning opportunities for all ages. Full-service banquet and dining facilities are on site.
More Family Fun News
- Earth Day Fest, Market near
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Mystery Diner: Pizzeria da Nella imports big flavor of Naples
- Cooking class, bake sale in Wheaton to celebrate Turkish cuisine
- Artists can enter new Artéculture show in West Chicago