U.S. Roller Hockey Championship headed to Darien Sportsplex
By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA
Action is about to erupt at the 2013 State Wars, where major roller hockey teams from various states and Canadian provinces will compete for the United States Roller Hockey Championship in Darien.
The once-a-year event has high stakes, with teams from across both countries vying to win at the Darien Sportsplex. More than 2,500 players representing about 250 teams will take part, reports the DuPage Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Free to spectators, competition takes place from Wednesday, July 31, to Sunday, Aug. 11, in the Darien Sportsplex, 451 Plainfield Road. For details, visit www.statewarshockey.com.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Wildlife to inspire drawing class for kids at Mayslake in Oak Brook
- Trinity Irish Dancers to perform from Hinsdale to Addison and beyond
- Check out select events in Planit 5
- Planit 5: South Dupage and Will county events, March 7 to 30
- Planit 5: Cook County events, March 7 to 16
- Ice fishing clinic added at Hidden Lake in Downers Grove
- Newborn lambs at Kline Creek Farm in West Chicago
- Lecture on Carl Sandburg, special events set by Elmhurst Historical Museum
- Author and Iraq war veteran Miyoko Hikiji to speak at Cantigny in Wheaton
- DuPage Forest Preserve volunteers needed for restoration workdays